Monday, September 24, 2007

 

Developments in late September

We got to Sidetrack again. The first time this summer that we made it up there two weekends in a row.

I went up on Thursday afternoon to meet someone from Maxwell Heating on Friday who was to check on the space heater. (The repair man didn't make it, but the scheduler did call and make a new appointment for next Thursday before the day was completely over.) Thursday was a stormy night. The weather radio went off three times with watches and warnings. The last time it went off was about 6:00, just after I'd gotten up. Friday was just very windy all day. The rest of the weekend was gorgeous. When I left on Sunday, the temperature was about 85.

I told Jeff, I misplaced my camera after downloading a first batch of pictures last week. Then on this Saturday, I found the camera. It was hidden in the bottom of my book and CD-filled back pack. So, I took some more pictures -- many of N working.

I worked on reviewing her edits of the last chapter and then proofreading the first 8 chapters. Besides working on the cabin, N edited other chapters. The manuscript should be ready soon. Now, when do we want to publish the 3rd edition?

Last week, when I returned from my morning jaunt to Grandma Bonnie's in Amery, this big Polk-Burnett Coop truck was parked in front of the garage and the new electrical service had been installed. (Now comes the clean up.)

An unexpected job was revealed when the old electric meter was removed. Ah, the joys of a sixty-year-old cabin.

Of course, on the lake side, there is more obvious deterioration. That's what N spent most of her time working on.


She did take time to sit and meditate on the lake.

The leaves are changing.

And the last daisy is about ready to give up for the season.

We love fall. It really is one of the best times to spend at Sidetrack.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?