Friday, October 26, 2007

 

Closing down the cabin

October 20-21

It was a quick trip to plant some hostas at the top of the retaining wall.



When I arrived, the dock had been pulled in



and I removed and stacked the panels.

The water was turned off, so the trip became a "close up the cabin" weekend. I put furniture into the garage. I emptied the fridge and thawed it out.

While waiting for the ice in the freezer to thaw, I read and took more pictures. Oh, and I watched three guys who showed up to take in Mark's dock and boat lift. It was a real circus. They didn't seem to understand that they had to retract the stabilizers before the things would roll. So they ended up carrying the big aluminum frames up on to the shore.

Out on the retaining wall, one plant insisted on growing a bud,



while another blosomed brightly.



The last colors on the trees were bright, too.



But the best colors came from an incredible pink sunset.



What a great weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?