Thursday, August 27, 2009

 

Silence

I finally got back to Sidetrack. It's been 2 weeks. I'm supposed to be retired and have lots of time for sitting on the deck at the lake. What's up?

When I got here yesterday afternoon, all looked good. It was so still that the algae bloom was visible. The water is like pea soup.



It was beautiful even though the water isn't.

I sat and talked with Larry after supper. As I left, the sky turned red. What a sunset!



This morning I was up and paddling around the lake before the sun. I discovered it's not summer anymore.

First of all, the sun didn't show up until after 6AM. And, the dawn was silent. No cacophony of birds waking up ol' Sol. No loon. No warblers. No robins. No pileated woodpecker. Not ever any crows (until after sunrise). Silence.

I did see an eagle fishing on the other end of the lake. A heron flew overhead. Silence.

From out on the lake, the sunrise was almost as good looking as the sunset last night.



It's good to be back even though I have work to do and will have to spend time in the library in Amery.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?