Monday, September 21, 2009

 

Another day near paradise

Saturday at the lake was mostly a work day. Well, as much as a casual, restful day at the lake can be a "work day."

I worked at digging up the foundation of Red Tom. I dug out more rocks and added them to the garden borders. I dug out more rubble and dumped it out back. I think I'm getting close to leveling out the spot where Red Tom once stood. Then I'll go to work on the old fire circle.





Nancy worked on the new sliding screen for the door on the south side. The old aluminum framed screen had gotten bent out of shape after years of use (and abuse). The new screen required a lot of planning and measurement, but it looks great. And we can have the door open for cross breezes.





We rewarded ourselves with dinner at Paradise Landing, near Balsam Lake. Really good food. Starting next week, it will only be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday mornings. Such is the life in a resort community when the summer people stop showing up every weekend.

Sunday morning dawned still and foggy with a dose of clouds. The sun was coming up as I bought a newspaper at Jonzy Market.



When the sun finally came up, it was clear that fall is here even though it doesn't officially begin for a couple days. It was one of those mornings when it was easier to see how many leaves had changed by looking at the lake than by looking at the trees.



I wrestled the hammock out of the lake room and enjoyed a good book and a brief nap in the open air. Of course, I ended up with a sunburn on my face for the crime of falling asleep.



Life is good for us. It's difficult to be thankful enough.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?