Wednesday, May 19, 2010

 

Lawn, docks, and

The guys from LSU (Lake Services Unlimited) showed up yesterday to mow the lawn. One of the guys helped me roll the dock frame into the lake. Lacking any more excuses, I added the wood sections so it's now a real dock.



I also got some salvia plants for the pots on the deck (see pot on left edge of photo above). In a couple weeks, they'll be attracting the humming birds that are already haunting Larry's gardens.

Ah, and I saw a pileated woodpecker twice (or I saw two of them) yesterday. Both times they were flying away from me and looked like crows except for that bright read head and the way they landed on the trunks of trees.

In other bird news, I got the new flamingos situated. Ever since we dressed up a couple plastic flamingos in lace and bow tie for our wedding reception, we've been plagued with big pink birds. These came from Oregon (thanks, Carole) and are now welcoming symbols next to Sidetrack's front door.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?