Tuesday, May 18, 2010

 

Work and robins

The weather was absolutely wonderful yesterday.

I got lots of work done while looking at the lake, the blue sky, and the green everything.

A pair of robins has built a nest in the supports under the northwest corner of the deck. Every time I walk by, I scare a bird off the nest. Sometimes when I come out on the deck from the lake room, I scare off a bird. They're probably keeping eggs warm.

Advice, anyone? Should I fence off the area and block the door? Will the poor birds stick around and feed the nestlings if they're interrupted a lot?

This isn't the Sidetrack nest, but a picture I found on the Internet. It's appropriate.


Comments:
We've had this issue at the lake AND at home. Robins built a nest in the bush in front of our front door. As of yesteday they were fine. Yesterday the nestlings were gone. Either they flew away.. unlikey, or they were eaten by a snake. The birds at teh lake were fine even though we scared the birds away every 20 mintes. I'd just ignore them and they will as well, BTW probably not eggs in the nest. More likey chic by now. WHen these birds do fly away.. remove the nest that day or you'll get a second brood in there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?