Sunday, June 06, 2010

 

Quiet weekend

It was a quiet weekend at Sidetrack. I drove up there on Friday afternoon. After the nearly "full house" on East Little Blake Lane last weekend, there were only 4 places occupied Friday night.

I did a fair amount of work and started a really good new mystery by Thomas Perry, an author recommended by Dr. Loomis. I'll get Ken to write about it on the ReadingBlog.

I got to watch a blue heron hunting for breakfast early Saturday morning. It was under Skip's willow tree and then it waded along the shore toward our dock. Patient thing, that bird.

I distributed information about the road work that had been done along with requests that everybody kick in $20 to pay for it.

Around 10:30am on Saturday, it started raining and kept raining until dinner time. A muskrat provided some entertainment by playing in the lake and the rain by the dock during the afternoon.

More work and more reading kept me busy and out of the rain. Last night the rain returned, but I slept through most of it.

Breakfasts again at Cafe Wren. It's not so important when I'm only at Sidetrack for a couple days, but it's good to get out and get online for a bit. I just wish it was a little closer. Sank over on Big Blake has been online with his new Verizon phone, and I did some thinking about that while driving back and forth to Luck. Convenient online service; pretty expensive; too inviting?; not being out and about and talking to people in Luck? Still thinking...

Drove home this afternoon. Great sunny weather most of the way. Rain for the last 10 miles. What's up with that?

Next weekend? We'll see how much work I get done this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?