Sunday, September 19, 2010

 

Things are getting back to normal at Sidetrack.

For fall. I've had the heat on since I arrived. The dawn chorus has ended. There's still a loon hanging around and a flock of geese landed on the lake just after sunset (7:30pm, mind you). I spent Saturday getting junk out of the garage and into the half-filled dumpster Skip had for the debris from his re-roofing. Good riddance to lots of stuff that has accumulated since before we came to Sidetrack.

I mentioned that the big repairs are done. Well, even the Henny Handrail has been reconstructed. It's beautiful.


Yesterday, I got to Luck before Cafe Wren opened, so I took a detour to West Denmark. West Denmark is just a few miles south of West Sweden. Do you suppose the 19th immigrants were nostalgic?

I'm certainly glad I made the detour. The West Denmark Lutheran Church is a gem of immigrant architecture. My great grandfather might even have gotten nostalgic for the home he left at age 16. Don't know, because I never met the guy.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?