Thursday, July 28, 2011

 

End of July at LBL

One or two last bits from the end of July.

This is the time of year when we normally run away to the cool of the mountain west. It is, on average, the hottest fortnight of the year. This year we stayed home and hid in the air conditioning. (The AC is now my favorite bit of technology. It's replaced the snow blower. However, my opinion might change in 6 months.)

One of the joys of being here is that this is the time that the tiger lilies bloom. They've just begun. The style that I'm used to and this year some of the heritage plants I put in last fall.





And finally a picture of the shoreline north of Sidetrack. I've taken this picture at least half a dozen times in the last 30 years, but I still like the scene.



We'll be back after seeing the twins down in Illinois.

Comments:
My friend, you have a rather magnificent little slice of heaven there on your little lake. Your deck could be one the best places on the planet to have a conversation and a adult bevie.
Wonderful pic of the flower.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?