Monday, July 25, 2011

 

Late return to the lake

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I've been at Sidetrack. The heat wave persuaded us to stay home in the air conditioning.

I came up because the weather let up for a couple days, so I hope to get some work done while looking at the lake.

I also came to check on the mouse traps I set when we left. At that time, we expected to be back a few days later. The great and wonderful Medora suggested that if my trap line had been successful, there would be some swollen, stinky mouse corpses in the cabin. Luckily, the mice have enough to eat outside and none came in to take the bait.

There'd been enough rain to fill the wheel barrow and creat a stinky compost mess in the courtyard. Watered the lawn and put the wheel barrow out in the sun.

The only big thing to report on is in the garden. The hostas and the day lilies are blooming wildly. There are some coneflowers blooming too.






Oh, and one of the wild residents stopped by. Usually it stays under the deck, but it's used to having the place to itself.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?