Friday, August 26, 2011

 

It's August and I have acute chemosis

It's also been a month since any of us were at Sidetrack. Yikes! A trip to Rockford and a bunch of tropical weather are to blame.

As I toured the grounds this afternoon, I noticed that I missed all but the first few tiger lilies this year. I guess I'll have to come back in early August next year.

The rudbeckia are blooming big time and a few coneflowers.


The winner in the flowering category though are these bright red beauties.



I can't remember what they are. I think they're some kind of flox. I guess I'll have to look them up and plant more of them.

Then I went to work weeding the terrace garden and cutting down brush beside the garage.

Wore me out.

I came in and took a 15-minute nap. When I awoke, my right eye was very watery. I went and washed it out. Half an hour later I had to wash it out again. It was very red.

Washed it out a couple more times. No pain. No problem with vision. Just very red and very watery.

During dinner I noticed a shadow in the lower right periphery of my field of vision. When I looked in the mirror, I could see that I had a "blister" on my eyeball.

Okay, team, that's when I headed for the Amery hospital emergency room.

And, after vitals and an exam, the doc says I have acute chemosis, probably the result of some plant oil/chemical that got in my eye when I rubbed it with a finger full of plant oils or resins that I'm allergic to. No scratches, no foreign bodies in the eye, just some disagreeable chemical. And, yes, if it were on the skin, we'd call it a blister. Perhaps some antihistime eyedrops and keeping fingers out of eye are called for. Should be better by tomorrow.

Hope he's right.

I'd post a photo, but my eye is really not fun to look at. You'll just have to imagine it.

Sun's down. I started a good book this afternoon and I'm ready to get back to it.

Acute chemosis. Sounds important. Glad it's not disabling.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?