Saturday, June 09, 2012

 

Out of sequence, but...

Yesterday, just before sunset, I looked up and looked outside to see a small black bear nosing around Mark's fire pit. I did a double take, made sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, and went to get a camera.

By the time I got back to the south door to the deck, the critter was gone. So, I have no photograph. I will testify that I've seen bear scat in the neighborhood a couple times and the old suet feeder (that had been on the tree so long that the bark was growing around it) was torn off the tree a couple years ago.

Now I am pretty sure I know why I found the hummingbird feeder pulled down and the metal brackets holding the pole bent when I arrived yesterday.

More wildlife...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?