Thursday, June 20, 2013

 

Bear again

So I was sitting on the deck reading as the sun went down. Then I noticed movement over the top of my Nook.

I looked up and a black bear strolled from north to south along the lake shore -- about 60 feet from me.

It was unconcerned about my presence, if it knew I was there. (The air was still so my scent wouldn't have blown toward the critter.)

In my startled state, I stood up and hollered, "Bear!" I wanted the only other people on our side of the lake to know the creature was headed their way.

The bear broke into an easy trot and continued its northward journey.

This might be the same bear I saw a year ago. It was bigger, but didn't look full grown to my inexperienced eyes.

I guess we have a new neighbor. Keep your dogs and little kids in sight.

(No photos because I had no camera with me while I was reading. Go figure.)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?